German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Immediate recall off two different deer brag.
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wild Wolf
Knighted Member

Default Immediate recall off two different deer brag.

During a hike, we allowed Hunter to chase a single female deer on two occasions (two different females). We asked him to wait, allowed him to spot it, then gave his release command to chase it) When he was at a huge distance I yelled for him to platz, he dropped immediately and waited. I gave one "here" command and he came back immediately - with the deer still running in sight up ahead.

I am super, super, super proud of him. Highest of prey drive experience, and he obeyed. That is the ultimate compliment to our bond and his training.

Both instances were safe. Single females at a safe distance, no males, safe area far far from any people or traffic. One in the bush, one on a closed golf course open space. Great was to test his recall / fast response stopping.

Should also mention there was a group of four, two males and two females very close up that he was interested in after chasing the two others. One "leave it" command, he didn't even make a move to chase. Just watched and kept walking.

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote