German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Another what kinda coat question :)
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mooch
Master Member

Default Another what kinda coat question :)

After reading Ziltoid's post below I'm wondering if you'd call these guys long stock coats too?
To me they look like the "long stock coat" in the pictures in the previous thread
They most definitely have a huge amount of undercoat *sigh* LOL

Hex (the one standing on the Hay has been sneered at by a breeder and called a "rough coat" - whatever that is, it sounds more like a terrier to me LOL and gotten a snide remark that that red colour comes from Irish Setters)

I always thought they were long stock coats but so many people called them long coats, possibly because they have a lot of feathering and Hex has hilariously huge ear floofies`
(which were always "disqualifying faults"for showing but seem to now be actually accepted as long as they have undercoat?)
Sorry, I'm still really new to all this breed Standard stuff and I don't show but I like to learn and there is so many really helpful people here

In Germany my Grandma used to call them "Altdeutscher Schaeferhund" if they had this kind of coat.
Attached Thumbnails
Another what kinda coat question :)-img_0248.jpg   Another what kinda coat question :)-img_0225.jpg  
Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote