German Shepherds Forum banner

How much do you spend on trainers?

4K views 39 replies 29 participants last post by  lhczth 
#1 ·
Just curious how much you guys pay (or charge if you're a trainer) for training. The trainer I want to go with charges $75/session for private training. Group classes are $100/10 sessions.

#35 ·
For schh clubs and classes:
One charges 25$ for group lesson and 35$ for private - usually minimal ob and bitework only. seldom tracking
Another club is 15$ nonmember drop in rate, 400$/year in club dues with 2 practices/week.
75$ for small group with very nice trainer for all three phases
30$ drop in rate for another club - all 3 phases

For AKC and agility/rally/ob:
65/hr
60/hr
50/hr

Costly sport :)

#39 ·
For schh clubs and classes:
One charges 25$ for group lesson and 35$ for private - usually minimal ob and bitework only. seldom tracking
Another club is 15$ nonmember drop in rate, 400$/year in club dues with 2 practices/week.
75$ for small group with very nice trainer for all three phases
30$ drop in rate for another club - all 3 phases
I don't get the idea. It is a club, but you take "lessons" and pay for them?

#37 ·
If I wasn't getting my trainers license I would have to pay 175 euros so approx. 230 USD for nine, 60 minute group obedience classes. These classes are not only held at the facility, he also takes his students and hoomans out into busy situations; markets, fests, busy streets and you have one day of training in a restaurant. Dogs that need re-socializing or are scared attend separate 60 minute small (no more then 4 dogs) group classes at 35 euros. He charges 50 euros a lesson plus .70 euro cents per kilometer to meet you in your home or help you with a problem area; around horses, people in crowded places. For one-on-one training it is 40 euros.

Usually every weekend he teaches a seminar; first aid, learning body language, working with the dogs natural instincts which are 25 euros a seminar. The last Sunday of the month is reserved for wandertag or hiking day, this is my favorite time of the month. We meet up and drive to some woods or fields with good paths and let the dogs run off leash and just be dogs. There is no fee for wandertag unless you decided to go with the group out to dinner after the walk. We always start the walk off with a shot of schnapps and stop a few times along the route to drink some more. It is a great way to wear the dog out and for me to find new places to go walking with him.

I know so far I've read better prices and worse compared to this. I'm glad I am friends with the trainer and getting my trainers license so my classes are included in my payment for my license.

#38 ·
The trainer I use, and love, charges $45 for a twelve week program, meeting once a week, for basic obedience. $40 for advanced obedience, $35 for agility or tracking.
These have been her rates for the past 10 years. She's super knowledgeable, and a great lady. The last two dogs I've taken, she's not charged me, being such a "repeat" customer, as I am. In exchange for her kindness, I make a donation to her program. She works hard, I don't feel it's right for me not to pay.

#40 ·
$50/hour is what I charged when I actually teach and pretty much what the normal rate seems to be in this area. $100/6 group classes is pretty normal in the area.

Our club dues is $300/year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.