German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Ignore the Problem?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
lkellen

Default Ignore the Problem?

Ever since Remy was a puppy (6 weeks), she has always kinda nibbled on my hair, not harshly or in a hurting way, but a few months ago, she stopped being gentle and started really grabbing it and pulling it.

I always ignored her when she did this, because that's what all the trainers she's been to previously have said to do- ignore the problem.

Now, it is a BIG problem. She wants my attention by doing this. She starts with barking at me, which I ignore- I either turn away from her, or walk away from her. This doesn't work, she follows me & jumps on me. If I am sitting on the couch and I ignore her, she will continue to bark, and try to bite my hands. When I put my hands somewhere she can't reach, she will then try and get in my face, and then grab my hair with her mouth and just PULL it as hard as she can. I then get up so she can't reach it anymore- but this happens almost on a daily basis.

She gets walked two-three times a day for 30 minutes at a time, we play ball inside, she has plenty of chews to keep her occupied.

Any suggestions for this? I'd rather not lose my hair before she's full grown!

-“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
lkellen is offline   Reply With Quote