German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Unleashed small dogs
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
pyratemom
Elite Member

Just this morning on the way back from the post office Raina and I ran into a lady with a small dog off leash. She carries her extendo lead in her hand like that actually means something. I told her two years ago when her dog ran up to Pyrate that if she ever saw me with my other dog (Raina) that she should make sure that she handled her dog and it did not approach me. Raina does not take kindly to small barky dogs running around loose. Pyrate was a saint and would not hurt even a small dog but Raina is different - whole different attitude (prey drive etc.) So today the lady saw me coming down the street and ran after her dog (dumb) instead of calling it. It ran in the street narrowly being missed by a pick up truck turning the corner. Luckily she grabbed it after that and Raina didn't get near it. I witnessed this all from down the street. Note- Raina remained calm the whole time (Yay!)I would do anything to protect my dog(s) but this lady doesn't seem to get it. Never would my dog be off lead, out of control, next to a busy street.

Snake Vom Eselspfad RN CGC (AKA Raina) 3/5/08
Pyrate CGC 4/1/03-5/16/12 RIP

Too many to list waiting at the bridge but remembering them all
pyratemom is offline   Reply With Quote