German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Dog depression ?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Daisy&Lucky's Mom
Crowned Member

Default Dog depression ?

As many know Lucky has become our only dog. After Daisy's passing we took Lucky on VK w/ us . I have made a concerted effort to spend time playing w/ Lucky ,walks in the park ,trips in the car. My husband and son were home for the first month after daisy was gone but now son is working and school,husband is back on the road and Ive had some health problems combined with some out of town trips. Lucky when I come home at lunch to play w/him often is shaking and my son says the same thing. It does not happen on the weekends when all three of us are home. He will see the vet in January,not that I think this guy will help much. He eats sleeps doesnt show signs of pain . He also does not want to come inside and Ive sucumbed to jingling his leash so he will come in in the morning. This will stop working at some point. He's different. My sister inlaw was over last weekend and she said "Lucky was always easy going ,happy and was always right w/ every body he seems depressed ". Any advice on ways to help my boy ? We want to get another dog (female) but his meeting a young female did not go well.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote