German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Down pasterns/Carpal subluxation??
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drunlu

Default Down pasterns/Carpal subluxation??

Hey everyone. Please see attached pictures. Just want to get some input on my 14 week old male GSD. I've been keeping a close eye on his front legs and notice more of an angle in the pasterns than I would like, but want some more experienced opinions. I've been reading a lot about it and some people say genetics, some say diet, some say exercise, and some say flooring. There was a good thread about a pup named Jager but the OP never gave an update. Carmen if you read this - please input any info. Sounds like you know a lot about this topic. I read about your bone broths but haven't tried anything yet. When we went to the vet for the second check up, I asked about it but she said I shouldn't worry yet because he will probably grow out of it. The third time I brought Drago in for a check up, we got another vet and he basically said the same thing. He asked about the breeder, sam, and dire. Dad was OFA-excellent, working line. Mom was OFA-good, also working line.

He is on Blue Buffalo large breed puppy. 28% protein. I heard 23% is close to optimal.
Attached Thumbnails
Down pasterns/Carpal subluxation??-dragoleg1.jpg   Down pasterns/Carpal subluxation??-dragoleg2.jpg   Down pasterns/Carpal subluxation??-dragoleg3.jpg   Down pasterns/Carpal subluxation??-dragoleg4.jpg  
Drunlu is offline   Reply With Quote