German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Suggesting Food To Dog's New Family-Drawing The Line?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 10:57 PM
JeanKBBMMMAAN
Crowned Member

I have found that adopters are generally open to information about food when I show them spreadsheets and information on the foods and why they are ones I use. I am pretty detailed about it, and while I can't say that years later, they are sticking with them, initially (and I send food with the dog) at least they are!

I do a calorie comparison, a nutrient density type comparison, and cost. So that they can see that spending $____ on Bag A is actually less expensive than Bag B.

I give them a bigger list than just 2 higher priced foods though. I usually list all the foods the dog has tried while with me, and list brands/types that seem like they would work for the dog. I also make sure the food is available to them within a reasonable distance. Of course, my adopters have all been kind of OCD too so it makes it easier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome