German Shepherds Forum banner

how to train for treiball?

663 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  llombardo 
#1 ·
I think Kylie would really enjoy doing treiball and I like that it doesn't require a lot of special equipment. I already have an exercise ball for her to work with.

Can anybody link me to some good videos or websites that tell HOW to train for treiball? I've found lots of videos showing dogs doing it, but not how to train for it.

I'd also like to make sure that they clearly show the hand signals.

There is a treiball group here, but they don't start until 9mo and Kylie is only 5mo.

#2 · (Edited)
I would contact the club and let them know you are interested, and maybe they'll give you some foundation training information.

Have you looked at this site? I'd like to see this sport take off in the US!
American Treibball Association

#3 ·
They offer this class by me and I was thinking about taking it. I wonder if they have standard commands for things or if a person can use whatever they want for commands?? My dog learned touch it and park it(going to lay down on a mat) in her 2nd obedience class. I think that touch it is the first place to start, without the balls, just using the hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.