German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Is it wrong to pick a dog due to color?
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cassidy's Mom
No Stinkin' Leashes Moderator

Funny, I'm the opposite - I'd LOVE a solid black or bi-color! Of course it has to be a longcoat. Now that we have Halo, I wouldn't mind another sable, which was probably my least favorite color/pattern prior to that.

Color should not be the only criteria or even the most important criteria, but I agree with Jane. If you have a breeder you're considering, (or a few breeders) that are producing dogs with the kind of temperament that you're looking for I see nothing wrong with preferring a particular color, and hoping that there are pups in the litter that will meet your requirements as well as being the color you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cassidy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote