German Shepherds Forum banner

Opinions on Cutter.

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  GSDLA88 
#1 ·
I'd like honest opinions on him. He is now 7 mnths old weighing 56lbs. I find he is a tad smaller than average. I'm doing some research on his lines to see what I find. Here he is at 6 mnths... Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#10 ·
well I am a sucker for dark dogs, and if you think he's to small, well you can send him to me, he'd look great on my couch:))

#16 ·
Don't know much about Warkos. I do know Anrebri is well known to produce drivey strong level headed dogs. He is a Titus grandson. Titus was one of the best border patrol/ police dog producers very hard dogs. Cutter defiantly carries these traits. He is excelling in his PP training. Very civil. And at 7 mnths old handles the bite suit like a champ! Here's a few pics from training.
Vertebrate Dog breed Dog Mammal Canidae
Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Snout

#17 ·
Very stretched young male with high withers, good topline, good position of a croup that should be longer. Very good angulation in front which is shown through how much reach he has when moving. Good angulation in the rear though there is something about it I don't like. Looking at the movement photo I am going to say he lacks drive from the rear. He is reaching under himself, but the leg that is back isn't extending as far as I think it would in a balanced dog. If he was a horse I would say he is sickle hocked. He is also slightly falling on his forehand. Excellent color and dark pigment.

I wouldn't worry about his size especially if you plan on working him.

#18 ·
Yeah, I wanted to mention, I think his size is just fine... he will muscle up and fill out as he matures. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog!

I love his color, I guess you'd call it a deep dark blanket-back.

What are your plans with him?

#19 ·
7 months -- I would back off on the civil agitation . He looks a little "pushed" in the head out of car shot . Keep him socialized to a normal world - don't create his view of the world as everything and everyone as a potential threat . In the end you will get more out of him, more secure and better judgement. He has it .

#20 ·
I am doing personal protection work with him. He is not stressed with working. He loves it. He does not look at everyone as being a threat. He is friendly but aloof as a shepherd should be. He is social and solid. Can take him anywhere. He is learning what a threat is and how to distinguish it. He is doing amazing. Thanks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.