German Shepherds Forum banner

Uh-Oh!..Wifey sent me a Merry Christmas picture.

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Whiteshepherds 
#1 ·
I've decided to throw some humor into this, but it's really not that funny..or is it?

My wife sends me a text message with this photo attached.

Message reads:

"Merry Christmas".
He'll be "home for the holidays"

Not sure if I should laugh about this.

He is kinda nice looking:D

See less See more
#3 ·
LOL - well if you get him I have some insights on introducing a dog with reactivity issues to a new pup to make sure the pup did not have a bad experience of its own (which carries it forward, like child abuse)

I spent a couple of weeks doing it - *not* all at once.

#5 ·
well I think that would be a great xmas present:)) Kira might like having a buddy or maybe not LOL

#6 ·
Honestly think she would be fine. It's the older dogs that disturb her.

Every so often, I'll still go shopping at Petco, and if she sees a puppy, she goes right into a play bow. She's a big puppy, herself. :)

Hmm.. Just realized that the pup above, is this little guy below.

Apparently, she's been keeping in touch with the breeder.

Nah.... She probably just bumped into one of the owners of a pup.... I hope.:eek:

#12 ·
She probably *would* be fine but there are ways to make introductions. For two weeks Cyra only met Beau through HIS crate wires. THe day she curled up in a ball next to him for a nap is the day I formally let them meet. And then we had my husband and I both present.

#14 ·
I wish I could say I had not learned the hard way that fear reactivity carries on over from dog to dog. Fortunately, Grim who was not mine as a puppy was/is a great role model and Beau spent much more puppy time with him than with Cyra. And his time with her was always supervised. Closely. But it was ok. Grim's influence had mellowed Cyra greatly. It does not take much to sow the seeds of mistrust in a pup.

#16 ·
do they have enough chain on him ?
collar too long , and upside down -- chain lead - totally useless for training ,

I don't care for the way he is sitting . Looks like he can't get his rear up underneath himself -- too short in upper arm , faulty front or his back is off. Would love to see a picture of this dog standing .

#18 ·
You know I said that I decided that there would be "No More Dogs!" My husband's health and Havoc's unique personality made my life very complex.
But the neighborhood kids gave me Tempest, a pitbull, and she has not made my life easier but everyone else is happier so I guess that it's a wash. Havoc loves his friend and she adores him. They drive me crazy in the a.m. with the biting and wrestling but they seem to be more obedient as they compete for my attention.
You don't know how full your hands can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.