German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Looking for some training advice...
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Navi

Default Looking for some training advice...

Hello all!

I am new to the forum and hoping you guys might be able to help me out. I have a 1.5 year old GSD. I have been consistently working on obedience with her such as sit, stay, lay down, etc. While focused on me she is excellent and listens very well, but when something else catches her attention...a squirrel, another dog, deer, etc nothing I can do or say will stop her before she bolts after it. This habit is starting to turn bad as she is very intimidating to smaller dogs and she doesn't tend to like them. She is quick to be aggressive if she believes the dog is growling to "hurt" her when most are just saying back off.

I just don't know what to do anymore. She is a total sweetheart, great with kids, and very good with passive dogs and any dog bigger than she is. However anything small or her size that snips at her she immediately is on the offense and will not listen to me. How can I keep her attention no matter what is in front of her? And how do I curb this aggression?
Navi is offline   Reply With Quote