German Shepherds Forum banner

Addie, our new pup (3 m old puppy with itchy skin)

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  doggiedad 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Addie is our newest addition to our family.. We got her when she was 9 weeks old... She just turned 3 months old... We started her on eukanuba large breed puppy food... But I just switched to nutro large breed puppy food... She seems to love, the issue is that she seems to have itchy skin... No fleas. I've heard that this new food will be great for her skin, coat, and also just all around better food. Any advice out there???

Also bully sticks vs. rawhides... We've stopped giving her the rawhides and switched to the bully sticks. Thanks!!

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
New to forum (3 m old puppy with itchy skin)

I posted on the new members forum.. Had like 47 views, but no answers:(
My 3 month old GS was on Eukanuba large breed puppy food, she has itchy skin, no fleas... I've heard a lot of good things about Nutro dog food, so I switched.. Suppose to be great for the coat, skin, plus more healthy diet... Any thoughts on this please??
Also... I'm giving Addie bully sticks.. She loves them... Also am learning that rawhides aren't so good for them..

It's is are first time with a GS, we've had dogs before, but she is by far the smartest, and quickest learner. Thanks

#6 · (Edited)
#9 ·
Welcome!
We've had very good luck with Kirkland signature for our puppies (in rescue) and also Solid Gold KIBBLE, not canned, and also Blue Buffalo.
You could try a squirt of Salmon Oil as well, not a ton but just 1 squirt a day, I think the brand is Grizzly, that comes in a pump container?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.