German Shepherds Forum banner

Could my GSD be mixed?

9K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  lkellen 
#1 ·
We adopted Remington at 6 weeks old from The Humane Society of North Texas. She was from a "seized home" so I'm not sure if it was a puppy mill/backyard breeding or whatnot. The shelter said she is mixed with an Alaskan Malamute and that the mom weighed about 120 pounds. They also were not if the mom or dad was the GSD. I have spoken with a LOT of trainers/pet companies who say she looks like a full bred GSD and cannot see the Malamute in her.

Here's some pictures of her growing up..

Attachments

See less See more
#32 ·
Thank you both!

As for dog sports, I'm not sure- I need to get her trained first! Training starts Sunday. I wouldn't even know what sport to get her into!!

#33 ·
Alright, I'm back again! Remy is now 10 months old and weighs 63 lbs, and one of my friends is a vet tech, and saw Remy's picture and says she has GOT to be mixed with something because she's much too small to be pure GSD and that she is probably done growing. Here are some recent pictures. Thoughts?! I don't care if she stays small or grows a giant, I would just rather not hear comments about "Oh, wow, look how small she is!!!" Grr..

- front full standing

-- side full standing

#37 ·
She looks mixed to me and she sounds like she's an awesome dog ... IMHO that's the most important thing regardless of a dog's pedigree and it sounds like you got yourself a real winner!!!

I haven't had that many bitches in my lifetime, Tasha was about 72/73 lbs, Too, Honey and Faith in the low to mid-60 lbs.

#39 ·
Thanks all! :) I would love to get her a test, but I'm almost afraid of the results! Lol, I had posted somewhere about getting a test and if it's worth it, I got mixed results of the worth/true-ness of it.

#41 ·
It seems kelpie is what most people are seeing! I had never even heard of the breed until it was mentioned here.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#43 ·
Well I do know she has gsd in her. That was her main "breed" at the shelter, which was told to them when they rescued her litter from the home she was at.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.