German Shepherds Forum banner

pictures of Sage

3K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  coulter 
#1 ·
So I've never really shown you guys any pictures of sage. Sorry for the quality it's a cell phone

our first hike together, she did great off leash!

Here are some from the top, do you think she is too skinny?

See less See more
#4 ·
Very cute!
Love the name you got to figure with a name like sage they've got to be from Colorado!

#6 ·
Yeah after my fiance and i picked her up we were driving over a pass on the way home. And i looked out the window And saw some sage brush and said hey! What about sage?? It fits her perfect

#7 ·
I think everyone who never owned a GSD before think that their puppies are skinny including me :) She is not skinnny. You are suppose to feel their ribs easely and they should have a wastline. If you can actually see their ribs only then they are too skinny. Anyway lean dog is much healthier than a chubby dog.

#9 ·
the better the muscle tone , the better the ligament and cartilage , the better the chance for good hip results .
skinny can be from digestive problems or nutrition denied or deficit. I have lean pups , but they are as firm as pythons -- I wish I could put a pup through the screen for you to feel. lean and mean-

#11 ·
coulter you and sage look perfect for each other - great couple
I would say the dog is too lean , there is too much of a difference between the ribs and the groin.
Your dog is in an active state of growth which is taxing on the immune , there needs to be some cushion , some reserve , and the building blocks for all that growth
what are you feeding by the way?

#12 ·
More like what is he NOT feeding lol :) poor guy fed the pup different dog food and she has issues with all her foods that's why she is a bit too skinny. She will get better once he gets appropriate food and makes sure the dog doesn't have parasites. Sorry OP to answer Carmen's question for you I was on the thread I figured I'll just say it...

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#14 ·
Lol thanks, now that you made me sound like an idiot.
Is it my fault that no food has worked for her so far? I've been doing my best to get her appropriate food, but like i said nothing agrees with her:(

#20 ·
very cute puppy, I had a LC named Sage when I was growing up:)

#24 ·
So i was very proud of Sage today, she did this great self stack

She was at work with me today, just like every day, but i guess she was cold because she sat in front of my work light for hours lol she would stare at it or curl up in front of it haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.