German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Things Do Get Better
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
llombardo
Crowned Member

Smile Things Do Get Better

As I was cleaning today I came across a notebook that had a letter that I started to write last January. In that letter I was telling someone that I was going to have to give up Robyn(my GSD). She was 4 months at that time. I couldn't handle her energy or her not being able to be potty trained. I mentioned how she tested my patience daily, she literally drove me nuts. Per my letter I thought she had ADD. I also stated in the letter that it was sad because I felt she had potential. As I was reading this letter, Robyn(now 15 months) was laying next to me chewing her deer antler. She noticed me looking at her, because by now the guilt I felt as I looked at her almost made me cry and she looked at me like she could see clear through to my soul. In this moment I felt so connected to her and felt the need to explain to her how happy I was that I stuck with it. This dog is amazing and more then I could ever ask for. Once we got past the potty training and I started understanding her needs, we were off and running. She has excelled in everything that she does, she is fearless, and confident. I take her with me everywhere with no problems. I actually like walking now and get more exercise because of her. She might very well be my heart dog. I can't imagine my life without her. I can't even explain how I feel about her, but I'm sure lots of you can understand it. I want to thank everyone on here for their opinions and thoughts, because as much as I think I know, its always good to hear what others think. I'm so happy that I stuck it out and even happier how she turned out.
Midnite-German Shepherd CGC, TC
Brennan- Golden Retriever CGC
Batman- Husky/Greyhound

Last edited by llombardo; 12-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.
llombardo is offline   Reply With Quote