German Shepherds Forum banner

Where on Earth did he get it???

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  KatsMuse 
#1 · (Edited)
I was out in the yard with Gabe today, and he disappeared around the corner of the house for a few moments. He reappeared with an entire horse hoof in his mouth. I might not have been able to tell what it was right off the bat, but there was still a shoe attached to it.

I have no idea where such a thing would have come from.

All I can think is maybe there was a horse buried on the land I live on sometime before the 1960s (when the house was built)?

#3 ·
I know. Weird, right? He didn't want to let go of it, either. He really wanted that hoof.

#5 ·
Oh, God. Now I'm going to be worried about an angry ghost horse coming after my dog in the middle of the night.

#7 ·
Creeeeeeepy!:eek:

#9 ·
Umm how old did it look? Was there still "stuff" inside it or just the hard shell with a shoe nailed to it??

That is super bizarre and kinda gross, have you had a look if he dug a hole anywhere?

BTW they love eating hoof, mine get so excited when the farrier shows up :D

#11 ·
I looked around and DID eventually find a hole. And it looked pretty old. The shoe was rusty.

#12 ·
A breeder we know bought land and built a house on what used to be horse grazing pasture. It's a nice large piece of property and was perfect for her kennel setup.

Her dogs are always finding hooves and stuff, bringing her ' gifts'. :eek:

(Apparently they buried the horses there as well, after they died.)

Kat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.