German Shepherds Forum banner

Just received my new shipment of Feedsentials and a question for Carmen re staph

7K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  carmspack 
#1 ·
First things first: I was thrilled to see that you can now use a credit card to purchase Feedsentials and other of Carmen's supplements!

Just go to this link:

FEED-sentials

Now, for the question.

Within one month of running out of Feedsentials, Hans started scratching and the inner thigh region of his leg was red and losing hair.

This went on for about two weeks, and the vet found he had a staph infection on the inside of his hind leg. He had also begun to shed a lot.

Five days ago, I started him on the Sunday Sundae with every meal, and the scratching has significantly reduced in frequency and intensity. I added Feedsentials again three days ago.

I have been using Vetericyn twice a day and not only is the whorl completely gone, but the leg is less red and the hair has begun to regrow. :wild:The vet had prescribed Keflex --:eek: powerful antibiotics, no way was I giving him that before first trying topical.

My questions:

1)Could the staph and itching be a result of running out of Feedsentials? I had not given him the Sunday Sundae until now.

2) What is the daily requirement of each?
The packaging says 1 tsp of SS and 2 Tbsp of Feedsentials. Is this daily, or with each meal? He gets fed 3 times a day.

Thank you, and thank you for the products. He really devours his meals when I add those!

See less See more
#3 ·
My pleasure! I actually ran out because I put off sending a check. :crazy:
It is so much faster to order online and not have to find envelopes and stamps, which I no longer have-- not to mention we had run out of checks, LOL.

Just so you know, the site does the processing, but the package still comes from Carmen :D

#4 ·
Staph infection could have taken hold when the dog had an abrassion or self trauma when he was taking care of his "itch" . Bacteria is on the skin and in the nose, mouth, gut and urinary tract . When the immune system is depressed bacteria can get out of hand. So you are taking care of the immune system inside and out .
I just picked up some Vetrycyn for someone -- and I see on the back label it says "this product , in solution, kills 99.999% of bacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores including E-coli, Staph (MRSA) Strep, Moraxellia bovis, Pasteurella and Actinomyces ."
Were you aware that there are two strenghts . One is (0.00 3?) and the stronger solution is (0.008%)

The answer for the Feed-Sentials is daily.
The answer for the Sunday Sundae is - it depends - if you have no problem than you can give this as a good management treat once a week. If you have a problem , an allergy , then you would provide this with each meal , till problem resolves and you have a restored healthy digestive system.

#6 · (Edited)
Carmen- I love that your product is more accessible. I think I will place an order.

But first, can you tell me if your product has at least, or better, joint supplement support as Springtime Inc's Longevity product? I use their product mainly for joint support. If I switch to your product, I need to know that she's getting at least the same amount of glucosamine and MSM.

Edit- for your convenience. Longevity has per 8 grams:
  • Chondroitin sulfate, min. 90% purity (bovine cartilage extract) 400 mg
  • Glucosamine HCL, 99% (shellfish extract) 400 mg
  • MSM, 99% (methyl sulfonyl methane) 400 mg

#7 ·
Thanks. Gonna try the combo. My dog is fine except she itches a little here and there, don't know why. Also one of her ears get gunky easily. Was the right ear and now is the left ear. Just when I celebrate the right ears stopped being gunky the left ear starts. Hopefully it's just part of the detoxification process and can just ride it out. Meanwhile, she's become such a good sport letting me clean her ears.

#9 · (Edited)
What is really great about Carmen's products is that she uses mostly foods and they are human grade ingredients and the dog's body will metabolize and utilize them differently from a chemical compound. You get the benefits, plus those of having bright eyes with no boogies and a shiny coat.

Also, dogs love the taste!

#12 ·
Carmen makes the best dog supplements.. I will switch to her stuff soon. Quality is outstanding.

#13 ·
Thanks for posting the link. I've been meaning to get Kohl on some dietary 'assistance' for a while, but since his issues aren't serious* I hadn't gotten around to it. This gave me the kick in the pants I needed.

*Kohl's got dry skin and while normally his digestion is fine, give him one more calorie or gram of fat than he can tolerate and he has horrible diarrhea that lasts for a couple of days. He can't tolerate much, I feed him the max he can take and I'm seeing more rib than I should be. I expect that with the probiotics and enzyme supplement I should see a tremendous improvement. If I can just add another 1/8, maybe 1/4 c. of food per meal I think he'd be perfect, weight-wise.

#17 ·
I'm so happy to read that I can order this online! I'm out and want to get some more. Like everyone else, I put off ordering if I can't jump on my computer and do it. :)

#18 · (Edited)
my dog started sunday also few weeks ago and the eye goo vanished and looks really bright eyed right now.

SO i started feed sentials a week ago. Her coat has gone brown? And looks really nice and healthy.

I also use vetracn started 3x a day last week. I wont use anti inflmatory or anti biotics again hopefully.

Stools seem to be doing better also.

i put 2 table spoons of she emp oil on her kibble also i am using a new kibble called canine caviar wilderness someone reffered me to it. THey said a lot of dogs here do well on it.

#20 ·
just to give a quick correction -- pets4life is happy that the dogs colour is brown as the dog is a sable -- previously the colour had been washed out greyish and now has intensified .

you said "i put 2 table spoons of she emp oil on her kibble"

correction only a teaspoon of oil is needed , maybe you meant 2 tablespoons of Feed-Sentials ?

#22 ·
I too noticed Gretchen's tan turn darker. :) (Also a sable) Though I've been using a tablespoon of Sh-emp oil too! :O I could have.sworn that was what I read on the bottle. A teaspoon would make it last waaaay longer! Lol! Not that there were any problems so far on that much besides a beautiful glossy coat. :D

#24 ·
okay i have a few questions for other users of carmens great products.

Have others noticed the extreme increase in muscle build in only a few weeks? My dogs muscle mass is just way more you can see it in her body shes ripped.

Also Every day that passes her coat is looking more and more beautiful like a show dogs coat people strangers everyone is noticing this shes like a traffic stopper.

Next wHAT are u mixing the sunday sundae with? i am using russian yogert but i dont like feeding yogurt to my dog in past bio yogurt caused eye goo problems.

What kibble are you guys feeding with carmen products? Is everyones stools getting better? Stools now are kinda soft no more runny stools that i have seen though like before. I hope they become firm. They are kinda greenish.

I have a strong feeling the digestive track must be healing but it will take a few months?

#25 ·
okay i have a few questions for other users of carmens great products.

Have others noticed the extreme increase in muscle build in only a few weeks? My dogs muscle mass is just way more you can see it in her body shes ripped. Every day that passes her coat is looking more and more beautiful like a show dogs coat people strangers everyone is noticing this shes like a traffic stopper.

I can't say, because I have been feeding this since he was around 4 months old. People do comment on his coat, though, and his coloring.

Next wHAT are u mixing the sunday sundae with? i am using russian yogert but i dont like feeding yogurt to my dog in past bio yogurt caused eye goo problems.

I have used Greek yogurt (Fayeh) and have now switched to kefir. I am going to get some goat yogurt. Sometimes I use water and mix with a bit of his meat just before I give it to him.

What kibble are you guys feeding with carmen products? Is everyones stools getting better? Stools now are kinda soft no more runny stools that i have seen though like before. I hope they become firm. They are kinda greenish. I have a strong feeling the digestive track must be healing but it will take a few months?

I am not feeding kibble. I suggest you find another kibble if his stools are runny, because that says he is not digesting it and it doesn't agree with him.
Greenish could mean giardia. I would have the vet test for parasites.

#26 · (Edited)
i meant they are not runny anymore they use to be runny but the sunday stopped it annd now they are turning soft so like went from runny to softer they look like real stools now but when i pick them up they are soft.

the green is the color of her new food it is a pea and deer food called canine caviar wildnerness. IT was not green until i started this food. Its got beans and all kinds of green stuff in it.

The stools have got better I thought i just had to give it a couple of months to firm up and let her diguestive track heal?

why do you prefer kihifer and goat milk over normal bio yogurt?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.