German Shepherds Forum banner

Auditioned, Hired, and Commercial Shoot!

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  RileyMay 
#1 · (Edited)
So for the Mercedes Benz commercial they decided they wanted a Doberman. Tracy (Agent) asked me if I knew of one. My first thought was Cletus, my friends Doberman. Since she asked me I told her about Cletus. I taught Cletus to speak with just my hand signal and to stay. He did really good and I got a call asking me to bring Cletus for the auditioned. I did just that and they said that they're extremely proud of me and my work, I'm OFFICIALLY hired, and we taught Cletus to really do his speak, stand stay, and hold his mark in ONE day in sessions.

He did amazing and today was the shoot for the commercial. He did exactly what he was told and it only took 3 takes to get it perfect. The producer and everybody on set are/were so amazingly nice!! I just can't believe Cletus learned everything in basically 3 days, I guess that's what you get when you train with positive reinforcement and clicker training. I also was with my dog training leader to help and to guide me. He works and trains K9's for the police here and he said I could come out and visit, that he'd show me his kennel, and basically show me what we see on TV in real life!!! That is going to be extremely exciting and I can't wait!!!

Everything was amazing and I can NOT wait to do this again! I was set for 6 1/2 hours and our day kind of started at 5:00 am but I laid on the bed like a slug, until 7:00 am, got a shower, prepped Cletus, and then left. I can't tell you just how excited I am and how I can't wait to see the commercial! This commercial is an INTERNATIONAL commercial, so keep your eyes open for the Doberman (pictures below) in a Mercedes Benz commercial!!

I just can't say it enough, the past 4 days have been amazing!!! :D:D:D:D

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey Congratulations!!!

But, I must say, that I am NOT going to buy a Mercedes now. They wanted a Doberman over a GSD!!! Well, I will just not buy their ruddy auto. What they wanted clean, sleek, faster over substance and character??? Bad choice. GSD is more popular by far.

No worries, it will be a while if I could ever afford one anyway, LOL!

I will keep my eyes peeled for the commercial though, it sounds way cool.

#9 ·
Thank you all so much, and if you see it please record it and show me! I didn't get the release date or anything, so I am a little nervous I'm not going to catch it when it comes on! Ha ha ha, plus you never know...You might see it before I do!! :D

That is awesome about Libby!! :D:D:D:D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.