German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Scared, confused and worried first time dog owner! -help!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Panthro's mom

Exclamation Scared, confused and worried first time dog owner! -help!

Hello there! My name is irene and i am not only a 1st time gs owner, im a first time dog owner...ever! I made the decision of getting a dog because my husband is away a lot and i needed a guard dog. Another reason is because i have always wanted to have a dog and my almost 2 year old baby loves them. I bought my dog panthro, home a couple of weeks ago at 5 months of age and i fell in love with him. As i mentioned, my husband is away and i work full time monday-friday. My dog is left alone about 10 hours a day. We live on half an acre so my dog has a lot of space to exercise. I feel sad leaving him since he was used to being with other dogs. Did i make the right decision? Is he bored, depressed, happy? I get home and play with him for about an hour but he cries as soon as i go inside. I would like to take him in the house once in a while but dont know if its practical? Will he do his business inside or will he notify me to go outside? He also jumps a lot and is a little rough, im guessing from excitement when hes around me, plus he's barely gonna be 6 months. Also, he has a floppy ear. Is it normal? Help! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!
Panthro's mom is offline   Reply With Quote