German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - I have bad knees and walking the dog becomes a challenge in the winter
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
julie87
Master Member

Default I have bad knees and walking the dog becomes a challenge in the winter

Hi all, just was wondering if any of you have knee/joint issues and how you are coping with the pain. Now that its winter season and my pain is very bad... I been diagnoesed with PFS due to tilted patella in both knees. It is becoming a challenge to walk the dog for 30 min twice a day.. because after I am done with the walk I am in a lot more pain for hours and hours... I have asked for help on a knee forum but it seems pretty dead over there. What do you guys do to manage the pain and at the same time give the dog exercise and the fun it deserves?! Pain killers pretty much dont work on me nor do I want to take them because I am only 25 and have to consider the risks of narcotic pain meds that the doctors want me to take.... So far we play tug, fetch and training in doors, we have a small backyard. My girl loves her walks and I don't want to take that away from her but being in even more pain is not fun for me either...any advice?
julie87 is offline   Reply With Quote