German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Racial Purity of GSD/Lab Mix?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
WDC

Default Racial Purity of GSD/Lab Mix?

Two days ago I got a new puppy. His name is "The King" Dogmeat. I really love him, and he is a wonderful dog.

Only problem is, he wasn't exactly planned. He's not from a breeder, and I have no paperwork for him. I actually just found him abandoned, and we took him home (he was in fairly rough shape).

After doing some research, I have determined that he is a GSD/Lab mix. He fits the pictures and descriptions of other GSD/lab puppies.

I was just wondering, how much GSD do you think he has in him? I am a GSD lover, and have wanted one for years. My parents never let me get one because of their size, but since he kinda just dropped in, I decided to keep him.

Also, could some other GSD/lab owners show me some pictures of their adult dogs? I'm looking out for what to expect?

As you can see from these photos, he is a small puppy. I believe he is teething, but I'm not really sure. He seems to be about 16-20 weeks old though.

Anyway, do you guys have any ideas about what percentage lab he might be and what percentage shepherd?

Also, ears. His ears aren't up and I know that mixed often do not come up. Do any GSD/lab owners have any advice? Implants are out of the question, since my uncle (helping me take care of him) thinks that it's morally wrong.

WDC is offline   Reply With Quote