German Shepherds Forum banner

Hi, please help

7K views 59 replies 27 participants last post by  JanaeUlva 
#1 ·
Hi there. It's my first time posting on here. I recently bought a long haired GSD. I called him Boufo. He is only 9 weeks old.

Yesterday while he was on my lap while my friend was driving Boufo started weeing and pooing. I got my friend to pull over and as I lifted him outside he was fully stiff and fell straight over onto his head. I picked him up again and he fell over again. I then laid him down and realize he was having a seizure. He was frothing at the mouth and his heart was racing.

I quickly drove him to the vet when they sedated him and did test. They said he had fluid in his lungs but were not sure why.. After about 24hrs of test and 6 or 7 more seizures they are still unsure of what is wrong. They think it is a shunt near his liver which is not allowing him to process his food properly. This is causing a build up of toxins in his body which they think is causing the seizures.

They are waiting for results from a test which had to be sent away. I hopefully get these results tomorrow morning.

They also can see something in his stomach. They think he may have eaten rocks. He is currently unable to pass these through his body. This is causing more complications in diagnosing exactly what is wrong.

He is currently too unstable to operate on as the medicines will most probably kill him..

Does anyone have any information or experience with shunts and or rocks in a dogs stomach.

Please help if you can.

Thanks,
Nick

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.