German Shepherds Forum banner

Crisscrossed ears at 6 months?

9K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Sokoli 
#1 ·
Jackson had his ears up when he was 2,5 months old and they haven't fallen down at all since then.

The problem (if it is a problem) is that most of the time, his ears are a bit crossed...
Some other times, I can see that his left ear is up and his left one is not down, but tilting to the side.
Only when he is completely calm do I see his ears looking good. Is this normal for a 6 month old puppy? (still teething btw)
By the time his ears went up, most of the time they are crossed :confused:

I see many photos of german shepherds at younger age (3-4 months old) that have their ears as they should be, this is why I'm worried about Jackson.

What do you think? Has anyone had this particular problem?

Here are some pics so that you know what I mean.

First pic- 3 months old
Second pic - 4 months old (this is how he looks when completely calm)
Third & Fourth pic - 5,5 months old

Thanks in advance! :)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I would not worry about it - his ears appear to have grown before his head did. Once his head starts growing you'll see some separation between the ears. Sneaker was a conehead too, but it all worked out as she matured.

#6 ·
What SHE ^^^^ said. He looks like he's a big boy and may be taking longer to mature.

#7 ·
still teething and ears ARE up just not the way you'd expect. He does have some pretty large ears. They should be fine. He's a handsome guy. From the looks of those ears, if he grows into them, he's gonna be a pretty good sized guy too! give him plenty of things to chew on and i've heard giving a spoonful or two of cottage cheese will help at mealtimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.