German Shepherds Forum banner

Auto water bowl

940 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ChancetheGSD 
#1 ·
Anyone tried the automatic water bowls that have a hose attachment? My puppy loves to dig the water out of his bowl- therefore left with none if I'm at work :(

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

#2 ·
If this is the kind of thing that fills the bowl automatically I would worry about your water bill (and flooring) if puppy is constantly digging at the bowl.

Is there a way to raise the water bowl, maybe by clipping a bucket to the side of the crate where it's too high to play in but not to high to get his muzzle in?

#3 ·
I think puppy may be kept outside given that they're looking for a hose attachment type bowl....How old is the dog?

I tried to put a raised clipped bucket in Gretchen's kennel and she learned to flip it with her nose and spill it everywhere, needless to say, water is a no-go if I'm gone. I just make sure she gets plenty of water when I'm home. (Averages about 10 cups a day (Sometimes a bit more) so she's fine without water for a couple hours)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.