German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Size and age questions??
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
mjsatterthwaite

Default Size and age questions??

Hey,
I posted a few months ago about a GSD that I got from a "breeder". At the time she was 5 months old 18" tall and 20.7lbs. Obviously, she was really underweight and on the small side. The breeder said that she should get to 23-24" and about 65lbs because her parents were 65 and 75lbs. She is now 9 months old and 22" tall and 34lbs. During the last 3 months she has had some digestive problems and a UTI. My questions are - what is a "normal" per month weight gain? Do any members here have a picture of their GSD at 65 lbs. and about 24" - I'm just trying to get an idea of her adult size. I have read on the AKC website that her weight right now is really underweight but her height is about right. I notice her face is narrow compared to pics that I have seen - what do you guys think? I am probably being over sensitive about her size - I have attached a pic that I took yesterday so you can see what I am talking about. Thanks in advance for your input

P.S.
I am feeding her 2 1/2 cups twice a day. She's eating Science Diet WD. This is what our vet prescribed for her because of her digestive issues. I know 5 cups a day is probably a lot but the vet recommended that amount because she needs the calories to continue to gain weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Size and age questions??-img_0635.jpg   Size and age questions??-img_0634.jpg   Size and age questions??-img_0632.jpg  
mjsatterthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote