German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - White GSD issues
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
musicmaan

Default White GSD issues

Hi all, I'm new to the site, and this would be my first post... I have a 4 year old female White German Shepherd. As far as I can remember, she has had pink skin, but all the information I have found states that white Shepherds should have dark skin.

The problem we're having is, she sheds like a devil, much more than normal shedding. When I brush her, which is often, it seems to grow as fast as I can brush it... I can brush the same spot for ever, and the fur just keeps coming. My vet said she is probably allergic to something. So, first we got rid of the cedar chip dog bed.. no change. I was told some dogs are allergic to chicken, so I've tried many dog foods without chicken products. I just switched her food a couple weeks ago now to Orijen 6 fish blend. It hasn't made a difference yet, but if it doesn't, I'm running out of ideas. The only other thing I can think of, is the tap water that she gets in her dish might be the problem?? Any one ever had this as a problem??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The vet in the town I live in I feel is not the greatest.

Thank you,

MM
musicmaan is offline   Reply With Quote