German Shepherds Forum banner

OB progress

3K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  huntergreen 
#1 ·
I enjoyed my prong thread so much I think I am going to start documenting our OB training as well. I am starting off simply with Zeeva doing pushups (we are learning sit, stay and down all over again and trying to perfect it).

Yesterday I took Zeeva quickly through a busy Target parking lot. I felt unsafe with the cars driving around so we might not be ready for this. We only spent about 5-7 minutes there. She stayed in a good 'with me' position even when people walked by (no growling). But she is easily startled (she ducks and looks behind her; I think this is the body language of a dog that is startled?)--by cars, ruffling bags, people, honking horns. She is very alert and maybe unfocused. Am I overwhelming her? She needs to be focused on me, right?

I do not want drive by strokers. We will get a vest that says 'in training' (posted recently on here :))

I will take Smokey trough the same parking lot today (after it cools down a bit) and observe his demeanor.

This thread is also to push myself to do what I promise and not slack off...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.