German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - New puppy won't eat his food
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bear's mommy

Default New puppy won't eat his food

Ok, I feel like a new mom. In a way, I am. I have not had a puppy for quite a long time. The last puppy I had ate his food right off. This last Saturday, my GSD puppy adopted me. His name is Quinlain Bear Von Nadelhaus, he came from a reputable breeder in my town. He is 7 weeks old. She sent me home with a bag of food that he had been eating. This is Wednesday now and he really hasn't touched his food. I have moistened it with hot water and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Last night I added an egg with no luck. This morning, I added an egg and some kitty food, with no luck. Tonight on my way home I stopped at the store and picked up a jar of peanut butter. Which, if I spoon fed him, he ate it and then would eat a little out of bowl, then stop and I spoon fed him again. This went on for about 3 times. He ate more than he had but still not enough.

Is there anything else I could try? I know I have a baby but this is ridiculous to be adding peanut butter in his food and spoon feed him for the rest of our lives.

He does prefer pine cones over his food. So he would rather have foreign objects than puppy food.
Bear's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote