#1 ·
Jim Alloway: president
Frank Phillips: VP
Michelle Scarberry: Sec
Sean O'Kane: Treas

#7 ·
Guess I am now a member of the auditing committee. :eek:

#8 ·
Yes, great about Jim and Frank. Michelle will be an excellent secreatry.

#13 ·
They ran out of time before it could be voted on, but from the consensus of those there it would not have been changed or removed.

#16 · (Edited)
Let me explain my down thumb....it has nothing to do with new leaders elected....it has everything to do with the overall value of the JA amendment. There are many good dogs and breeders in the U.S., many people still go overseas to procure their dogs. There are still many GS breeders in this country that don't have a clue about working or training a dog. I see these areas as places where IPO or Sch make a valuable contribution to this breed in America. But the problem is there are far, far, too few clubs in the country for the size of the country. Too few venues to train or title a dog. So we have two organizations that can convey legitimate titles and what do they do? They are heck bent on destroying each other. You know, that parochial attitude based in such pettiness as who was here first, this one did this to me, that one isn't improving the breed, or this one is associated with that other organization, and on and on and on. I expect more out of junior high school kids! Who suffers from this garbage??? The country and the breed in general. Neither organization is large enough to adequately serve the country that's why more dogs aren't titled in this country. Pathetic ! I have been to USA Seigers shows and WDA Seigers shows....same kinda of dogs in both....same quality, USCA working national championships and WDA working national championships.....again the same type and quality of dogs???, the same Judges from abroad judging both. This is so sad on so many fronts. Often, dog people after being in the breed for awhile become very intolerant, snobby, and exclusionary unless you do things their way!
I was really hoping this election would bring some mature perspective and long range thinking, instead of parochial pettiness that is not beneficial to the breed overall except in each camps mind. This reminds me of the national landscape, wherein people place more value on tearing down the opposition than working together for the good of the majority or for the good of the many who want to compete but not enough resources available.
Sorry about the rant, don't want to derail thread, but I feel strong about this, and I don't have to feel peer pressure to think or speak without an agenda.
Very,very, sad, IMO!

#17 ·
Cliff :thumbup:
I've never been or ever will be a WDA member, but we've had a lady with a seasonal home here that has trained/trialed with us. She's a WDA club member at home, and would've trialed with us but couldn't due to the JA amendment. Most folks from both organizations are just people who want to train and trial their dogs and do the best for the breed with no interest in the politics of it. Many of us have to drive long distances as it is.....accessibility is important.
Sue

#18 · (Edited)
Most folks from both organizations are just people who want to train and trial their dogs and do the best for the breed with no interest in the politics of it. Many of us have to drive long distances as it is.....accessibility is important.
Exactly. Both organizations have things to offer me that the other doesn't and I don't appreciate being limited for whatever political agendas I could not care less about. The WDA, at least the clubs in my area, only ever use SV judges so it's nice to know that your title, show card, breed survey, or dental certification is going to hold up anywhere regardless and no one can pull the rug out from under your dog over politics that do not involve you or the work you did to title. Most if not all of the USCA events in my area use USCA or USCA-SV judges whose titles and ratings are not necessarily accepted outside of USCA. USCA hardly offers any shows or breed surveys, but they do offer a vast number of trial opportunities in my area where WDA does not. I've always done both and will continue to do both since my dog has both scorebooks and despite USCA insisting you cannot have two, they have to recognize the SV titles in my WDA book (I also do RKNA and SDA events in my area). But it's annoying and expensive having to pay extra fees for not being a member of one organization or finding a co-owner to join the other. I guess what bothers me the most about the JA is that the people who support it as far as I don't know really have any experience with the WDA. I am a founding member of a WDA club and have entered and attended many WDA events including shows, trial, and Sieger Show but someone who has no experience with their club can tell me I can't join it because they don't like it? To me it just seems juvenile. People insist it's for the protection of the breed....yeah right, it's for their own agenda and their idea of how a club should be run and who should run it, is all.

#19 ·
I just want to train mine and others dogs. If the politics and bs get in the way, fine, I won't trial and will gladly save my cash. I just want to train my dogs and will ditch any thing or group that gets in the way. I train solely to better know and understand my dogs' hearts and souls. The titles after my dogs names are just numbers and letters and I care little about them...

#21 ·
I like to train AND trial my dogs. Well actually I hate trialing and it scares me, but I like to put the training to the test and have some affirmation of the hard work the dog has done. But I don't get why it has to be so political with so many roadblocks? Like Cliff said, you see the same quality of dogs - often the very SAME dogs - in both organizations' events, yet they both seem to hate the other and think they have the wrong idea of a German Shepherd. I have one GSD that has competed in WDA and USCA trial (and RKNA and SDA trial), WDA and USCA shows, and attended NASS and USCA Sieger Show. If both orgs say the other is promoting the wrong kinds of dogs does that mean that my dog sucks at everything?:p

#22 ·
I LOVE putting our training to the test. It can be a trial or me having someone test something with me or simply being in the wrong place at the right time... Less and less do I even see a trial as really testing all our training :-/

#23 ·
What was the reason for only having the venue until 4:30~an annual meeting that had time constraints?!
Obviously some planning went into that, wonder who's agenda THAT was.

#28 · (Edited)
It was cited to me a few years ago, when this all started, that the dual membership was hurting (in ??? way) the USCA standing with the SV.

That for some reason, the SV was looking at the membership numbers of GSDCA/WDA and USCA.....

The ASL people make up GSDCA, and add to that, the Euro showline people who make up the majority of WDA, thus these members being counted twice for GSDCA....these membership rosters are therefore already skewed. Then you add the people who are primarily USCA members and who would pick up WDA membership for show convenience or whatever (free advertising on the WDA website for members for litters - why I was a member at one time), it effectively swelled the GSDCA/WDA numbers....remember, there are over 200 local USCA clubs, and apx. 50 WDA.....Logically, USCA is larger - but I have no clue about the membership numbers of ASL fanciers....

Thus the GSDCA/WDA seems to be a much larger organization than USCA - take away those dual memberships of people who are primarily USCA members, and the GSDCA/WDA number shrinks - leaving a more clear picture to the SV of which organization is larger....

I cannot remember WHY this was so important, but that was the basis for the amendment from what I understood.

It was really not a out of the blue, ego thing, there was some reason that the SV was concerned about the membership numbers being skewed by dual memberships.

Keeping the USCA members from being dual members diminished the GSDCA's claim to be the largest organization for the GSD in America.....I don't know the current numbers.....but I have noticed a shift from alot of people who initially went WDA back to USA - even a couple of big show clubs!

Lee

#29 · (Edited)
From page 12 of FCI rules:

"Scorebook
A scorebook is mandatory for every participating dog. Issuance of the scorebook is done according to the
instructions of the handler’s corresponding National Organization. Important to note, only one
scorebook may be issued per dog."

So this is NOT something that UScA is doing. This is a FCI rule and YOU are violating the rule and so is the organization that allows you to use 2 scorebooks. Just so you have the correct information :)

Frank
How does USCA police it? They issued me their scorebook which was the second scorebook and have never objected to the existence of the original one or having it produced as proof at their events. What does the FCI want people to do, burn their scorebooks? I'm not going to repeat titles issued by SV judges over politics that doesn't mean much to me.

I get the "USCA standing with the SV" thing but it's confusing because the SV won't recognize the breed surveys. I'm told that the "USCA-SV" judges are *not* recognized as SV judges while the WDA events are always judged by SV judges. When you look at which organization offers SV show cards, SV titles, and SV breed surveys it's the WDA. I keep being told I need to do a WDA breed survey if I want the SV to always recognize it (though I'm not doing this, because I'm a member of USCA and their titles and surveys suit me just fine since I live in the USA).

#30 ·
How does USCA police it? They issued me their scorebook which was the second scorebook and have never objected to the existence of the original one or having it produced as proof at their events. What does the FCI want people to do, burn their scorebooks? I'm not going to repeat titles issued by SV judges over politics that doesn't mean much to me.
This is the rule as of Jan1 2012. Only one scorebook will be filled out at any event you enter. You are not expected to repeat titles, but it is on you to folloow the rules and to submit one scorebook from now on, not switch back and fiorth between the 2. Since Jan 1, 2012 only 1 book should be issued.

I get the "USCA standing with the SV" thing but it's confusing because the SV won't recognize the breed surveys. I'm told that the "USCA-SV" judges are *not* recognized as SV judges while the WDA events are always judged by SV judges.
This is also NOT correct. WDA, just like UScA has their own judges, some are SV recognized some are not. But I beleive the SV recognized ones in both are still not for breeding in Germany

When you look at which organization offers SV show cards, SV titles, and SV breed surveys it's the WDA. I keep being told I need to do a WDA breed survey if I want the SV to always recognize it (though I'm not doing this, because I'm a member of USCA and their titles and surveys suit me just fine since I live in the USA).
This is only if you are one of the 3 or 4 people in the US that plan to ship your dog to breed and/or whelp IN Germany. But just like in WDA, if you use a UScA/SV Judge or a SV Judge then I believe the Koer is "recognized" in Germany, just not for breeding IN Germany.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.