German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Trouble With Staying
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
compman_74

Unhappy Trouble With Staying

I am having some trouble with Yanna staying these days. She has been doing great and then things have just gone weird.

Yanna was doing good with stay in either sit or down poistions. Recently and specificly last night in Pet Class she decided when I told her to stay in a sit position that she would go all the way down and then crawl like she had been scolded over to me. Or get as low as she could and come toward me. I only got half a step away before this started. She did one stay command great the rest of the night was like this. She did not want to be away from me the whole night and I could not get her to do anything with the class. She has been the star of the class with all she can do at 5 mos. but I am not sure what is wrong? The instructor said that it was a learning plato and to start over with the basics. He also said it was like she was unsure about what to do? I messed with her some this morning and she performed Ok until I asked her to stay even while I stood there.

I am just looking for some advise on this. I do realize she is going through a lot of growth things right now being 5 mos. but just want to work her throw this for the CGC test in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the help in advance.