German Shepherds Forum banner

Meet Indrid!

617 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  gmcwife1 
#1 ·
Hello!

I am a first time GSD owner. I come to this forum often to search answers to many of my questions, such as.... when the **** will my puppy stop biting me? Lol. I figured I would go ahead and create an account so that I could speak with people directly, and ask and answer questions.

Indrid is 13 weeks old right now and he weighs 32lbs. We brought him home at 9 weeks old and he has roughly doubled in size. His mom was pure white and his dad was mostly black with tan. He is black and silver, or black with silver and tan. I have heard different things from different people. Anyways, he is just beautiful! So smart, and hilarious. He is very friendly, although he wasn't at first. When we first brought him home, he would not allow strangers to visit us at all, he growled and barked at them until we made him see that it was ok, now he greets everybody with a wag of the tail. I look forward to sharing stories, thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a 9 month old GSD puppy, he was my first GSD. But, when I brought him home I wondered the same thing... when will the biting end? Some days it would irritate me to tears, but it gets better. :) I read around on the forum and found that most people stated they come out of the landshark phase around 6 to 8 months. For me, it was just about 6 months when he stopped biting so much. Dont get me wrong, he still loves to play but he has a softer mouth and knows when enough is enough. It is so much more of a joy to have him around now. I can do housework without being nipped in the ankles and legs every 30 seconds. Now he just follows me around with his ball begging me to throw it. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.