German Shepherds Forum banner

Sick Puppy :(

3K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  msvette2u 
#1 ·
He is 10 days shy of 5 months old. He is normally full of energy and running around the house like crazy. My wife said when she got home she took him outside like normal, he came inside and gulped down a full dish of water (normal for him) and started running around in circles until he threw up all over. She then noticed a small amount of throw up inside of his kennel. He has refused to eat all night and hasn't really drank a lot of water since either. He has not been very active or energetic and when I took him out when I got home, he had a very small soft stool and then a river of "dirty" liquid. He also has a very dry nose. We are taking him to the vet ASAP (11.5 hours until they open) but just curious if anyone has any ideas or suggestions?

He normally gets 4 cups of NutraMax Large Puppy Breed and all the water he can drink. He has had 1 cup today since he hasn't ate anything else. Please help if you have any ideas or experience with similar situations in GSDs.

#37 ·
A large breed puppy or else (what we feed here) Kirkland Signature. 4health or Diamond Naturals if you don't have a Costco card.
You don't want the puppy growing too fast anyway due to skeletal development.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.