German Shepherds Forum banner

Just finished reading Shepherd Girl

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ShepherdGirl_A Dog Story 
#1 ·
And I loved it through and through! So many moments, events and mannerisms reminded me of my Fritz. Truly hope you write a follow up book on Athena's life someday!

#2 ·
I was interested in the book at first when originally posted about here, went to Amazon, looked at the "Free Preview" pages...they were all about a cat! (and it was dying or dead already, if i remember correctly..it's been a while)

Turned me right off.

ShepherdGirl, you might want to try to get amazon to tweak those preview pages (if they are still cat related).

Zep--

#3 ·
Read it loved Athena and the stories. The cat part was at the end and he was such a part of Athena's story and how it feels when your animals you had before met the new pet. I enjoyed it.

#4 ·
Thanks so much you guys!

Sorry for the late response. I hardly ever check the email this goes to (shepherdgirlbook@gmail.com), because I mostly get a lot of Nigerian consulate ads or ads from loose women who are apparently dying to meet me :eek:

I'm SO PLEASED that Daisy & Lucky's mom and von Bolen read the book and enjoyed it. Zep-I can't control unfortunately which random pages Amazon orders up on the "look inside". I think it's randomly generated. Grr! I'm especially disappointed, because the part you refer to is the Afterward, and while it's not EXACTLY a spoiler alert, it won't touch people the way it would if you've read the whole book first. Anyway, sorry it wasn't your cup of tea. ;)

If anyone is interested, I participated in a 10-minute radio interview about German shepherds and Shepherd Girl: A Dog Story. If for no other reason, you can hear what I sound like in the morning before I've had coffee.. hee

www.globaltalkradio.com/shows/inthenews

#7 ·
Just finished reading this. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! I do wish you had added pictures of Athena and Kashi and their friends though. I would also love to read a follow up as well. I would love a sequel, too but please add pictures!

Also for anyone looking for another book just on GSDs- Don't Give Up On That Dog by Denine Phillips was good as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.