German Shepherds Forum banner

Opinions please?

8K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  GSD13 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is True Haus, right? They have bred some really nice dogs with good working temperament. I do not know these dogs personally, but I do know the breeders, and they've been doing some good work. I'm not qualified to give a critique of the pedigree other than to say they are good-looking working line GSDs.

#4 ·
Thank you, very helpful and good to know. They do look like a solid breeder and their dogs are gorgeous. My family and I cannot stop browsing their website. They are expecting a litter in the next week from Esko and Terra that we are also considering, however its a little too soon for us.

#3 ·
No offense but I am not a fan of the curved spine in some of the lines.
But that's just me.

#7 ·
True Haus is an excellent breeder, I recomend them. I got my boy Jaxon from them out of Tommy and Cat. He has great drive and an excellent temperament.

These dogs are in stacks. That is not how they look when standing normally - even still these are NOT extreme at all. Example (though not the best)

Jaxon Stack:

Jaxon standing:

#14 ·
I hope you are looking for a tough high drive dog that may have a very hard temperment. If this is what you want go for it. Great working lines IMO. Be prepared to put some WORK into training. I say this because the dog will DEMAND it from you. This is not a pet line by any stretch of the imagination. I would buy a pup from this breeding in a heart beat if I was in the market and was offered the opportunitiy. Good luck!

#22 ·
I do want a great family pet first and foremost. I am alittle hesitant now because I do not want a dog that will be too much to handle. There will be a good amount of protection work and obediance training but like I said, I want a pet that I can really enjoy. We have many dogs in our area and many parks within walking distances, and I know exercise is key in making sure a dog doesnt develop bad habits and is stress free.

#18 ·
Overall, looks like a nice breeding. 5-5 on Yoschy who is known for producing tough dogs. The dam goes back to lines we are very familiar (and happy) with around here. Love Tom van't Leefdaalhof, and Cliff is known for producing solid temperament. The sire's side goes back to Arek, Half, Ork and Mink all very well known dogs, kind of the hall of fame of working line dogs. (we owned an Arek daughter who is probably our favorite girl of all time). I think I counted 11 BSP and WUSV participants in the first 4 generations.
On paper isn't the be all end all, but it is a good start to getting an idea of what is being produced.
Personally I would be pretty pumped if getting a pup from this breeding. If you can meet the dam and like her overall demeanor then go for it!
Talk to the breeder, tell them what you are looking for, what you hope to do and see what they say. This breeding looks very well thought out, so I'm pretty confident the breeder will want to hear it from you.

#19 ·
Very true. Also, Jim and Cindy chose my dog for me as I could not meet them in person, I don't think they would give you a dog that would be "too much" so long as you tell them what you are looking for.

Personally I would be pretty pumped if getting a pup from this breeding. If you can meet the dam and like her overall demeanor then go for it!
Talk to the breeder, tell them what you are looking for, what you hope to do and see what they say. This breeding looks very well thought out, so I'm pretty confident the breeder will want to hear it from you.

#21 ·
Exactly Christine, If you have to use knees, feet, and putting the leg in postion to have a stance, then you are deceiving the viewer in my opinion.
This is a nice breeding, in general, but like with all strong breedings, the selection of the breeder(for the puppy), is probably the best route to getting what best meets your particular situation, JMO

#26 ·
Silver...before you start to *doubt* your decision based on opinions of others.....talk to the breeder.
This breeder has a good, solid reputation (from what I've heard)....and the very last thing they would want IMO)....is to place a puppy with the "wrong" home environment.
Puppies drives and temperaments vary in each litter........let the "experienced breeder" decide, IF a puppy fits your requirements and life style.

Strong working characteristics, combined with confidence are not "minuses" on a checklist......they are a plus (+). JMO

#27 ·
Yes Silver surfer....I have bred working lines and many of my pups go to first home buyers....probably more than any other group......don't disqualify a breeder because they breed WL and you assume they will be too much dog. Good working line breeder produce dogs with good nerve and stable temperament that will adjust to family environment....Truehaus is good breeder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.