German Shepherds Forum banner

Facial Hot Spot (graphic pics)

9K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  wildo 
#1 ·
Poor Moses got the side of his face shaved today. The hot spot was the size of a quarter yesterday and within 24 hours exploded into what you see below. I couldn't get into the vet yesterday. I've never seen one explode like that so quickly though I've heard of it.

He got a steriod shot, is on antibotics and gets Neo Predef put on it 2x day and lots of extra TLC.

See less See more
#4 ·
Good greif!! I had no idea they could get that bad. You think the vet could have worked him in or something.

#8 ·
Something ususally starts it....bee sting, fly bite, flea bite, injury or allergies which starts the dog scratching it and it becomes more inflammed. In all my years of dog experience I've been fortunate to not have too many of these but when I have it's always taken a trip to the vet for a steriod shot to get rid of it.

#9 ·
wow! I'd put some Vetericyn on that, I swear by the stuff,,soothing and healing!

Hope he feels better soon

#11 ·
Wow, what is that? I have been battling a demodemic mange spot for almost 3 months now, but it has never been that bad. She just got scraped again today, but now she is on antibiotic for the possible treatment of a tick bite as she had a seizure earlier today.

#22 ·
Good luck finding the vetericyn. I could only find it on amazon (fulfilled by a third party) and it took them FOREVER to ship it! Hopefully you can find it local... Perhaps, if not, your vet might actually have some.

#24 ·
willy, Petco, Petsmart, they carry it, plus look in a local "tack" shop..It's an all around usage, so may be in the "horse" dept..

I LOVE the stuff:)

#25 · (Edited)
Hmmm... I looked at my local Petco, and they didn't carry it. I think that the Petco website said.......

oh wait. I am remembering now (I have a terrible memory). Yeah- they carry it local, but it is about $10 more than if purchased through their online site, which didn't bother me since I needed it. But when I went, they were out of stock.

[Edit]- and I agree with Diane- it worked REALLY fast to clean up Pimg's skin irritation (whatever it was- probably flea bites). Great stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.