German Shepherds Forum banner

Show me your Elder GSDs...

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  BlackthornGSD 
#1 ·
I would love to see photos of your GSDs aged ten or more years, especially next to a photo of the same dog as a young adult. It's interesting to me to see how dogs change (or don't change) over the years. I'll go first...

Luka at 2 years (We cheated with the stack; she was standing uphill).

And at 10 years (taken just a couple weeks ago):

See less See more
#3 ·
Here is my Casey when I got her from the Humane Society at 10 weeks old...with her mentor Shadow (who passed 2 years ago at age 14).

And here she is now at 12 years old....She is now the Mentor to Kimber who was approximate 10 weeks old in this picture.

Can you tell I was trying to replicate the original picture ;).

#10 ·
BestK9GSD, those pictures are great... especially how you posed them. :)
Thank you!! I didn't pose them at all - the first picture was a total fluke in the fact that I had my camera readily available at that moment. For the 2nd picture, I was stalking them in the living room while they were playing around a bit and took about 15 pictures to get as close as I could to the original ;).

#7 ·
These are wonderful pics! Please keep them comming. I think the older the dog the more stunning the dog is and I really like the comparisons.

#16 ·
So sad that my Nero now counts as a senior.:( But he seems to get more puppyish with every year that passes by.:)

The snowy scene is when Nero was 7 months old, And the other was taken a month or so ago. Nero is 8yrs and and two months now.:)

Attachments

#18 ·
Zena at about 4 years old...

and Zena now at about 10 or 11...(adopted, thinking she's closer to 11 or 12)

#20 ·
I love these pictures! I will have to scan some pictures of my Jessie dog to add. She was my best friend when I was growing up and it was the most difficult thing I've lived through when I lost her. She was a true shepherd, loyal to the bone.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.