German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - How to Resize Your Pictures
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lauri & The Gang

Default How to Resize Your Pictures

There are many different ways to resize pictures. Some online photo albums offer that option, photo software can do it and there are online FREE services that do it. I will be walking through two ways - using Photobucket (accounts are free) and using an online service (also free).

Using Photobucket

I'll start with Photobucket. Photobucket is a FREE online photo storage service. You can upload your photos, store them there and use them many places on the net - like our board. Getting started with Photobucket is easy - just go to their website, sign up for a free account and upload your photos. Once you have them uploaded you can follow my instructions on how to resize them.

Step 1: Select the photo you want to resize from your album, then click on the Resize button:

Step 2: Click the Preset Sizes button and select the 800 x 600 option, then click on the Replace Original button at the bottom:

You can also tell Photobucket to ALWAYS upload your pictures at 800 x 600:

Or you can use the Bulk Uploader option:

1. Select the folder where your photos are on your computer
2. Select the photos you want to upload
3. Give the photos titles (if you want)
4. Click the more option link
5. Select the size
6. Click Save

Using an Online Resizing Service

There are TONS of online picture resizing services - many of which are free. I picked the one that I thought was the easiest to use - Web Resizer:

Step 1: Go to the website and click on the Resize Photos Now button:

Step 2: User the Browse button to locate the picture on your computer then click the Upload Image button to upload the picture and work on it:

Step 3: You can crop or add borders to the picture (boarders are NOT allowed on pictures in the Monthly Contest), you can resize or rotate the picture and then you can apply the changes using the Apply Changes button. If you mess up you can click the Start Over button to go back to the beginning:

Step 4: Once you have the changes applied double-check the size (remember - no larger than 800 x 600 or 600 x 800), click where it says 'download this image' and save the picture to your computer:

Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten

Last edited by Lauri & The Gang; 03-16-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote