Michigan (MI)
Minnesota (MN)
Missouri (MO)
Nebraska (NE)
North Dakota (ND)
Ohio (OH)
South Dakota (SD)
Wisconsin (WI)

This thread is for information only, not discussion.

Please follow the format below and post your information for transport. Thanks!

Name:
Your General Area:
How Far Will you Transport:
Overnight?:
Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group):

If not approved, you should be asked to provide references.

See less See more
#27 ·
John, you know me.

When it comes to transport, I think that is as important as us folks that serve as rescues. The mileage, the gas, and just droppng off the dog(s) and never seeing them again. And for so many transport folks, that give up there weekends to save a few dogs; you are the best.

#28 ·
Emily Garza
St Charles IL
2-3 hour radius of the Chicagoland area
I can always offer personal references

I have a Grand Cherokee and my husband has a pickup truck with an 8ft bed and a capper on it, so we can always fit large crates back there. Email is the best way to get ahold of me: me_n_kenzie@yahoo.com

#29 ·
Lisa J asmer
Minneapolis, MN
2-3 hour radius of Mpls

Overnight: emergencies only, must be ok around other dogs and cats

Not an official transport, but can offer references.

Note: I drive a 2 door honda civic, may not be able to fit crate in my car. (Crate could still travel with me, either put in trunk or folded down) Please take this into consideration, as the dog may need to be uncrated for the trip.

#32 ·
Originally Posted By: MandalayEmily Garza
St Charles IL
2-3 hour radius of the Chicagoland area
I can always offer personal references

I have a Grand Cherokee and my husband has a pickup truck with an 8ft bed and a capper on it, so we can always fit large crates back there. Email is the best way to get ahold of me: me_n_kenzie@yahoo.com
New email: DharKen@ymail.com

Also got rid of the pickup but replaced it with a minivan, so we still have the room in the back.

We now have a fenced in yard and can do overnights. Also have a crate we are keeping, but are not currently using if we would need it for transport. Overnights are fine as well.

#33 ·
Hi! Michelle Souto
Tinley Park, IL
I will go for a 2 hour radius, or more if an emergency arises!
I have not transported. I do have a minivan and a crate. I have had GSD's for over 9years. (I have been to the same vet about 7 of those years.) What other references would be good? Have been on this site for years, and commend all of you for your hard, heart wrenching work and dedication!

#35 ·
Name: Carole Goetzelmann
Your General Area:Cincinnati, OH

How Far Will you Transport: All are in either direction: Indy-Cincy, Louisville-Cincy, ColumbusOH-Cincy, Dayton-Cincy, Lexington-Cincy (2 hour max).

Overnight?: Yes.

Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group): Not approved through anyone; but approved foster for NADSR.

#37 ·
Name: Steve Dobbins
Your General Area: Fulton, MO (I-70) Central MO
How Far Will you Transport: 150 mi radius (could do border to border)
Overnight?: Yes-In an emergency, fenced yard also kennel with shelter.
Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group): None as yet.
I have worked with Last Hope Safe Haven, Mississippi Valley, Homeward Bound.

#38 ·
Name: Sue & Scott
Your General Area: Metro Detroit Area, Michigan
Area counties are Oakland, Macomb, Wayne. Genesee County and Port Huron areas aren't too far.
How Far Will you Transport: approx 2 hours one way
Overnight?: Possible
Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group): we are relatively new to tranport. We are fosters thru GSD Rescue MI and can provide references in and out of Michigan

#39 ·
OH-Lorain County
Name:Laurie
Your General Area:Amherst/Elyria
How Far Will you Transport: 100 miles or so.
Overnight?: Yes
Approved transport through (Deacons Hope Rescue & Erie Shores Humane Society):I have fostered a few through Erie Shores and have adopted through Deacons hope also.

#41 ·
Name: Lisa Oxley
Your General Area: Omaha, Nebraska
How Far Will you Transport: 1 to 2 Hours - all directions
Overnight?: If emergency situation
Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group): Have not been approved, nor have I had experience transporting - but I would have a kennel and leash available. I have a mid-sized SUV, so I could possibly transport 2 passengers if the 2nd kennel (or crate) were provided.

#42 ·
Name: Deedra Bass
Your General Area: Ann Arbor, MI
How Far Will you Transport: 100 mile radius of Ann Arbor
Overnight?: possibly
Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group): None

#43 ·
Name: Mike
Your General Area: Cleveland, OH
How Far Will you Transport: Hour or more if needed
Overnight?: Sure
Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group):

Not approved. I've done 2 transport in the past on this board.

#46 ·
Name: Rachelle
Your General Area: Des Moines, IA
How Far Will you Transport: Up to 4 hours, one way, but only weekends. Much shorter distance on weeknights (I work full time.)
Overnight?: Yes if necessary.
Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group): No, never done transport, but happy to try to help.

#48 ·
Name: carly
Your General Area: southwest suburb of chicago, IL
How Far Will you Transport: up to 4 hours trip total so it depends how far away from my house the pickup point is
Overnight?:yes I enjoy driving at night
Approved transport through (name rescue/transport group): no approval but willing to give all contact info/address to the animals owner

#50 ·
Name: Kathleen Barrett
General Area: Northern suburb of Detroit
How far will you transport? 300 miles
Overnight? Driving or boarding are possible.
Approved Transport: Open Arms Rescue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.