German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - bad dog after bad dog!
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
LisaT
Crowned Member

Default Re: bad dog after bad dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Smith3I guess I am a bit baffled here because I am not dropping my leash and letting her run up to any dog that comes by. How is one to socialize their dog properly if you disallow them from socializing? ****, even one of the dogs that snapped was one that the owner approached US! (I usually ask to approach every dog we see if we see one coming because Koch wants to meet everyone)

I mean, I would not expect a dog to snap if the owner is willing to let my dog approach theirs - one should know how their dog is with other dogs. If your dog is prone to snapping when the dogs come to great, I would expect the warning.

Sure, Koch is pulling my arm off to reach other dogs when she sees them to meet them, but I don't let her run to approach other dogs, I force her to approach them slowly as the other owners approach with their dogs.
This post here is worthy of a new thread in the training forum -- lots of issues for discussion.

However, in the mean time, let me address this: <span style="color: #3366FF">I would not expect a dog to snap if the owner is willing to let my dog approach theirs - one should know how their dog is with other dogs.</span> Famous last words are "My dog doesn't bite." I bet the majority of bites are from owners that have said that.

LisaT is offline   Reply With Quote