German Shepherds Forum banner

Kramer....(posting for Jean)

61K views 778 replies 144 participants last post by  Kayos and Havoc 
#1 ·
Not sure where to post this. I know where I am refusing to post this. Jean will likely not be online this evening. I am posting this with her permission, and I know this family's show of support fo JeanPakistan will help her through this.
Kramer has acted a little lame the past few days, which Jean chalked up to the cold, ice, snow, hard to get around in/on. Gave him Metacam, seemed ok.
Today he was full of malarky at 7, enjoying Mariele chasing him around. (Only dog to get away with that it her- the dog with a screw loose and "drain bamage." LOL) By 9-ish, he was stumbling. Went to vet. "His" vet on vacation, saw other vet. Anemic, and something else. Got a shot of something, I forget what Jean said. Had abdominal ultrasound late afternoon. (Done at another vet entirely.)

It kills me to write this. Kramer has a liver tumor. Due to location it is inoperable. It is one of 3 things- spawn of the liver tumor he already beat, or hemangiosarcoma, or another type altogether.
She did go back to the other vet, and talked. She had a list of questions, but forgot to bring them in. Vet knows/understands that alot has been thrown at Jean, and is calling her tomorrow to talk more. It could be a day, a month, who knows.
Jean is re-grouping, and will post tomorrow after she speaks with the vet.
Basic plan is, manage any symptoms, and maximize his quality while maintaining his dignity, and position as supreme ruler of JeanPakistan. All plans will be centered around making his time count. Spaghetti and pizza, trips to the cemetary.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Kramer....

all good thoughts and wishes to everyone in jeanspakistan.

#3 ·

Jean, I am crossing fingers and Renji's crossing paws together for Kramer. I hope he hangs on a long time with good, quality days.

Melinda&Jay, please send Jean my best. Thank you for the update.

#4 ·

Oh no!

I am so very sorry!

Good plan on making his time count! Did they give any estimate?

I do pray it's not immediate...

Tanya

#6 ·

Oh no, no, no! As soon as I saw the title of the thread in the recent topics box, I knew it couldn't be good news.

Hang in there Kramer, your mom and the pack need you around awhile longer.

#12 ·

Jean,
My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

We're sending tons and tons of healing thoughts to you, sweet Kramer.

Hugs to you both from all of us...

#14 ·

Oh no, poor Kramer, many hugs to Jean, Kramer, and the rest of the Paq. Hang in there Kramer, we all love you.

#17 ·
I am so sorry hear that about Kramer

Its not fair that this can happen to any animal
breaks my heart.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them

#21 ·
Kramer, you are a special strong guy, one of the greatest to grace this place. My thoughts are with you and your pack.

#22 ·
here's to the happy days ahead, no matter how many are left! I have tears just thinking about it!! hugs all around

#24 ·
I'mheading to bed shortly. No new-news. Will be sending Jean a text, telling her to call my house phone if she needs to talk during night, and will send her all your love.

#26 ·
This really sucks. Poor Kramer and Jean. I've been through this twice. It just sucks. I'm so sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.