German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Our Dogs Menus
Thread: Our Dogs Menus
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Amaruq
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Default Re: Our Dogs Menus

Chimo is roughly 83 pounds (good weight) and eats about 2 pounds of food per day. He only gets chicken maybe once a week so his RMB are right now pork necks and ribs and turkey necks, legs, and wings. He gets Mackerel once a week or Sardines 2-3 times a week. MM is ground turkey, beef heart, occasionally chicken if it is cheap enough and venison (I get a massive amount of venny during hunting season and package it to be used the rest of the year). He gets eggs 1-3 times a week and yogurt about the same.

The girls eat about 1.25 to 1.5 pounds a day range from 65-75 pounds and are active. They get the same as Chimo except they get chicken 2-4 times a week. Either backs or quarters or legs/thighs.

As my guys are getting older I am going to start adding mustard powder, ginger and raw garlic to their diet on a more regular basis. All three are anti-inflamatories.

The Huskies are both about 50 pounds and are normal active (for any dog not for Huskies). They each eat about a pound a day same stuff as the Sheps just smaller portions.

I also feed duck, rabbit and venison RMB throughout the year and anything else that we can find. Our day in and out staples are pork, turkey, venison and chicken.

Phoenix is currently on an alternate diet.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
Amaruq is offline   Reply With Quote