Re: Our Dogs Menus
Here's what mine are eating this month. Our menu changes every couple of months, always rotating in a new protein or two. The only consistent item that's usually on the list is chicken. It's just too cheap not to be a staple. I also weigh every meal.
Luca: 2 yr old neutered GSD, 100 lbs. average activity level. 13 oz. meals, twice a day. Luca tends to be pudgy, so his meal sizes have been gradually reduced from 17 oz. meals when he was a puppy.
Fanny: 1 yr. old spayed Cardigan Corgi, 29 lbs. average activity level. 5 oz. meals, twice a day. Fanny gulps, so bone-in stuff gets pre-chewed a bit with the meat cleaver.
• chicken leg quarters
• turkey necks
• duck necks
• ground lamb
• pork hearts
• chicken livers
• canned mackerel - 1 can a week split between the two dogs
• canned sardines - 1 can a week split between the two dogs
• 2-3 eggs per week (with all the necks lately, I haven't been giving the shells right now--usually they do get the shells)
• yogurt--bedtime snack (Luca 3 tablespoons, Fanny 1 tablespoon)
SUPPLEMENTS: these powders get mixed into their yogurt
Fanny 1/3 teaspoon total, Luca 1 teaspoon total
• brewers yeast
• Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM/Vit C - Luca only
• Veggie powder that includes powdered kelp, wheatgrass, barley grass, carrot, garlic.
TREATS: small quantities, couple of times a week.
frozen veggies, including sliced carrots, zuchinni, blueberries, strawberries, green beans.
Plus the occasional taste of whatever we're eating! And always the last lick of the ice cream bowl.
St. Louis, MO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Luca says, "Arf!"