German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Our Dogs Menus
Thread: Our Dogs Menus
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
tracyc
Crowned Member

Default Re: Our Dogs Menus

Great idea!

Here's what mine are eating this month. Our menu changes every couple of months, always rotating in a new protein or two. The only consistent item that's usually on the list is chicken. It's just too cheap not to be a staple. I also weigh every meal.

Luca: 2 yr old neutered GSD, 100 lbs. average activity level. 13 oz. meals, twice a day. Luca tends to be pudgy, so his meal sizes have been gradually reduced from 17 oz. meals when he was a puppy.

Fanny: 1 yr. old spayed Cardigan Corgi, 29 lbs. average activity level. 5 oz. meals, twice a day. Fanny gulps, so bone-in stuff gets pre-chewed a bit with the meat cleaver.

RMB:
chicken leg quarters
turkey necks
duck necks
MM:
ground lamb
pork hearts
OM:
chicken livers
OTHER:
canned mackerel - 1 can a week split between the two dogs
canned sardines - 1 can a week split between the two dogs
2-3 eggs per week (with all the necks lately, I haven't been giving the shells right now--usually they do get the shells)
yogurt--bedtime snack (Luca 3 tablespoons, Fanny 1 tablespoon)

SUPPLEMENTS: these powders get mixed into their yogurt
Fanny 1/3 teaspoon total, Luca 1 teaspoon total
brewers yeast
Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM/Vit C - Luca only
Veggie powder that includes powdered kelp, wheatgrass, barley grass, carrot, garlic.

TREATS: small quantities, couple of times a week.
frozen veggies, including sliced carrots, zuchinni, blueberries, strawberries, green beans.

Plus the occasional taste of whatever we're eating! And always the last lick of the ice cream bowl.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18...shepherd_4.gif Luca says, "Arf!"
tracyc is offline   Reply With Quote