German Shepherd Dog Forums - View Single Post - Agility in the 'real' world
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Amaruq
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Default Re: Agility in the 'real' world (Amaruq!)

[ QUOTE ]

And you did a great job with the captions. Love the pause 'toothpick'.

The only thing newbies do have to remember is to not rush to overwhelm a younger dog, and obviously not to injure them. But it's amazing how agile our dogs are and how well they can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the toothpick picture too. She is so darn bidable. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/03_wink.gif[/img]

In all of these pictures the dogs were adults. But I do start them on a smaller scale as pups and if I am by myself I do not get many pictures as I am making sure I am right there incase they are unsure or were to slip or fall. I always keep it fun and reward them frequently. KC was usually the one to DRAG me to new things. She about a year old when she first found the "swirly slide". By the time I got to the ladder she was already about to the top. By the time I got to the sharp curve she was already taking a header off of the slide. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/02_frown.gif[/img] By the time I got back around to her she was already going back up the ladder. While I was trying to figure out why the park was spinning in circles from trying to catch up with her she was sliding back down the swirly slide. Even after falling off and landing on her shoulder she bounced right back up and went back to the slide. Apparently she realized what she did wrong on her first trip because she went down several other times that day with no issues. She doesn't usually "walk" down that one she sits on her butt and slides just like the humans. She is even pretty good about waiting for her turn in line. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/15_ssst.gif[/img]

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
Amaruq is offline   Reply With Quote